This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Thursday 2 June 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH NINE (WEEKS 37 & 38)

We have a new catchphrase in our flat - "Ooops". My clumsiness has got worse in recent weeks. I am forever dropping stuff, made all the more annoying by the effort it takes to bend over and pick things up!

But generally, with just two weeks until my due date, all seems to be progressing fine. No ailments to speak of other than a continuation of the minor side-effects previously mentioned - the only new(ish) thing is a constant need for the loo. But I'm told me bladder is now being squashed almost flat by the Little Monkey, so that's no surprise.

Getting a little fed up of people telling me how I must be feeling. "Oh, you probably feel like a whale" - No. "You must be desperate for the baby to come now" - No. "You must be bored waiting around" - No. I'm still keeping myself nice and busy - swimming, walking, reading, housework. I've now been off work for a month, and haven't missed it at all.

Went bowling for a friend's birthday the other week, and so many people kept questioning if I should be bowling "in my condition", and telling me to be careful etc. By the end of the evening I wanted to talk about anything other than my bump/pregnancy/baby as I was sick of answering the same questions over and over again to new acquaintances.

My OH has done a fantastic job of the nursery - it's pretty much done now. Just waiting for a nursing chair to arrive - and the baby of course! A few people have said the chairs are a waste of money, but as I'm going to be spending an awful lot of time in the nursery (OH works from home and has commandeered the living room) it makes sense for me to have comfy and practical chair in there.

Caught up with a few friends with babies/toddlers, and my parents, this week which was lovely - everyone seems so excited for us. Probably the last time I'll venture too far from home for a while, as it really feels like we're on countdown now - anytime between now and a month, I guess. I'm just now really intrigued as to what that first contraction or early labour REALLY feels like. All the stuff I've read says I'll just know, but having got this far without any type of pain - not even Braxton Hicks - it truly is the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment