This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Thursday 16 June 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH NINE (WEEK 40)

Well, it's my due date today - and I'm really trying not to set too much stall by it or get too fixated on it. I have a pregnancy massage booked and we're seeing friends for dinner, to keep me busy. But it's very hard not to feel impatient, anxious and apprehensive.

I don't think it's helped that I'd convinced myself our Little Monkey would come early.  Now I'm thinking it could still be another 2 weeks, which makes me feel pretty despondent. The hardest thing is just not knowing how it's all going to kick off - will my waters break, will I have a show, will the contractions just start? The not knowing and constantly being on alert to any sign is frustrating.

But I keep trying to remind myself our Little Monkey will come when and how he/she is ready. And that I should rest up and enjoy myself while I can. Easier said than done though.

I have been sleeping pretty well - but I do wonder if I'm setting myself up for a fall. Everyone keeps telling me to sleep as much as I can - but surely if your body gets used to loads of sleep it's only going to make it harder once the wee one comes along and I start getting very little. Having worked anti-social hours for years, I've been used to snatching the odd hour or two of sleep here and there - and your body is almost trained to do it over time. To me, that seems a more sensible approach, as I'm sure the extra hours I'm getting now don't store up in my body for future use.

So now we're just waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment