This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Thursday 9 June 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH NINE (WEEK 39)

I have been in some discomfort this week - for the first time all pregnancy really. But it's not in my back, tummy or legs - but in my bottom. I won't go into too much information, but the dreaded 'Hs' (see week 36) are getting worse, more painful and making it harder for me to get comfortable and sleep.

It's the first time that I've started to feel that I'd like the Little Monkey to come sooner rather than later. His/her movements are so big that I'm sure he/she's trying to get out! I still really enjoy feeling all the squirming, kicking etc - but I just hope they're not in any distress.

Booking lots of stuff to keep me occupied next week, so I'm not so focused on my due date - from a mortgage review to dinner with friends. Still very aware the Little Monkey could potentially be a full three weeks away though, and I keep telling myself he/she will come when and how it decides.

Some lovely news from my close friend and colleague who was expecting twins - she had 2 gorgeous wee boys this week. Sounds like she's had a tough first few days, and I don't envy her the stress of two, but looking at her photos made me bawl my eyes out and make me want our Little Monkey to put in their appearance really soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment