This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Friday 1 July 2011

BABY STEPS

No not hers - she's only a week old... ours.

Tiny bits of progress to make some sense of this whole parenting minefield, day by day. Last night my OH and I actually managed to sit down to a meal together rather than eating in shifts while one of us calms/has Charlotte asleep on us. She managed more than half an hour settled in her rocker. If she can do that more often we might be able to get a bit more done, and if it can encourage her to sleep on her own maybe it will help in our challenge to get her to sleep in her Moses basket.

We've managed to eat together - the dream now is to get a little night time sleep together while our precious daughter sleeps in our room.

edit: and another breakthrough. She managed an hour and 10 minutes in her rocker overnight. I was almost pleased when she woke herself up because it meant I got to have cuddles! I think maybe she doesn't like being put to sleep on her back as she seems to sleep so well on her side - either in the rocker or on my lap. One to try another night, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment