This was originally the blog of a first-time Mum to remember the ups and downs of my pregnancy - and chart the first year of my daughter's life. But I've kept it going, and am now a mother of two! More than anything, it helps me to get to sleep once I've emptied my brain of issues and concerns and emotions onto the laptop.
If you're reading this and also a mum- or dad-to-be, first time parent, or just someone who's thinking about it - I hope it gives a little insight into one person's experiences - good and bad....

Friday 20 May 2011

PREGNANCY - MONTH NINE (WEEK 36)

The Little Monkey is three-fifths engaged... it could (and hopefully will) still be weeks away, but everything's clearly heading in the right direction, according to my 36 week ante-natal check-up. My Mum reckons he/she won't hang around, so I am starting to be a little bit on tenterhooks, looking out for any possible signs that the start of labour might be imminent. All getting a bit close...!

A few final month niggles creeping in - but nothing major at all. Definitely feeling a bit more tired (not helped by builders digging up our street from 8am every morning, and being especially noisy just when I really feel I need an afternoon nap), and losing my appetite again, a bit like in the first trimester. The congested nose part of my rhinitis has also returned, making it harder to breath at night. And that odd sensation on my tongue that I also had near the start - where it feels a bit like I've burnt it and its unpleasantly tingly and rough.

Haemorrhoids aren't going away anytime soon either - I'm not constipated, so it's just the pressure of the Little Monkey as he/she slips further down (sorry if tmi!). He/she must have dropped a bit as I'm wearing my bras on a slightly tighter setting, as my rib-cage contracts.

Talking of which - I bought my nursing bras this week. I went for a proper fitting, which wasn't as traumatic as I feared. As I may have previously alluded to, being a rather 'unusual' size I usually get really upset and wound up when I have to buy new bras, and tend to get them delivered to sort out in the comfort of my own home. But the assistant was very pleasant, and has recommended going 'just' one more cup size up to accommodate for when my milk comes in, and stick with the same back size. So I've ended up with the same style bras as I've been wearing for most of my pregnancy - just the nursing version. Hope breastfeeding goes well now.

I also went swimming this week, to try to keep me fit and active. Was a bit self-conscious at first, but it felt pretty good, so will try to go again at least twice a week for the remaining few weeks.

All our nursery furniture (cot, mattress, changing unit) arrived this week - in three separate deliveries. From friends' experiences and reading around we weren't expecting a smooth ride from Mothercare, but - while it wasn't as straight-forward as it should have been and involved several phone calls to sort out - it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Busy weekend for my OH putting it all together! But I think he'll quite enjoy it, and feel he's finally making a contribution to the build-up. The thing is - he's been making an amazing contribution for the last 8 months anyway - with all his support in various forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment